Advanced Urology Associates Excellence in Pediatric Care
At Advanced Urology Associates our pediatric urologists are board certified by The American Board of Urology. Our physicians and specialists treat both boys and girls ranging from birth to young adult ages. Urological conditions include disorders of urination and reproductive organs.
Pediatric Urology At Advanced Urology Associates
Pediatric urology is the diagnosis and treatment of congenital (i.e., present at birth) and acquired urological conditions and diseases in children.
Our Board-Certified Urologists see Pediatric Patients for the following conditions:
- Undescended Testicles
- UPJ Obstruction
- Vesicoureteral – reflux
Common Pediatric Urology Symptoms
Other pediatric urology conditions include the following symptoms:
- Abnormally located urethral opening (hypospadias)
- Backup of urine from the bladder into the ureter (vesicoureteral reflux [VUR])
- Bedwetting (nocturnal enuresis)
- Distention of the kidney in utero (antenatal hydronephrosis)
- Ureteropelvic junction obstruction (UPJ obstruction; may cause kidney damage)
Common Pediatric Urology Treatments
Urological diseases and conditions in children can have serious, sometimes even fatal, consequences. This is why obtaining the correct urology treatment is crucial for the well-being of your child. Conditions like a urinary tract infection are not only painful, but they can also become dangerous if left untreated. The medical professionals at Advanced Urology Associates understand this and will explore every angle of your child’s condition.
- In some cases, urological diseases can be cured via antibiotics. However, there are instances when the only effective urology treatmentis surgery.
- When children are faced with the prospect of surgery, it is important to work with our compassionate staff members over the course of the urology treatment. Our medical staff will treat your child with the utmost care on an emotional as well as physical level.
Questions About Pediatric Conditions or Treatments?
For more information, please give our pediatric urology experts at Advanced Urology Associates a call at 815.409.4930 or request an appointment today.