Thomas E. Burns, M.D.
Board Certified Urologist
Dr. Burns graduated from the University of Illinois with a Bachelor of Science degree in biology in 1989. He received his medical degree from Rush Medical College in Chicago in 1994. He completed his residency in urology at Loyola Medical Center in 2000. He joined Advanced Urology Associates in July 2000. Dr. Burns is involved in advancing the field of urology. He is a member of the American Urologic Association and the North Central Section of the AUA.
His specialties include treatment of kidney stones, BPH therapies, prostate and bladder cancer, overactive bladder, as well as male infertility.
Dr. Burns is certified by the American Board of Urology.
Appointments in Joliet and New Lenox, IL.
Dr. Burns Achievements in Advanced Urology Care
Dr. Burns has been a leading urologist in advanced urology care and treatment at Advanced Urology Associates since 2000. Dr. Burns continues to expand his focus on the latest technological advancements for minimally invasive surgeries and treatments for urological conditions including BPH, prostate cancer, overactive bladder (OAB) and vasectomy procedures.
• Dr. Burns performs the “scalpleless” technique. He has performed several thousand vasectomies using this technique. He offers various anesthetic options including Valium and Niotrous Oxide to keep his patients comfortable.
Overactive Bladder Treatment
• Dr. Burns offers a wide variety of treatments for his overactive bladder patients including medical management, pelvic floor physical therapy as well as sacral neuromodulation
• Dr. Burns has performed hundreds of Urolift, Rezum and Greenlight BPH procedures
Prostate Cancer Treatment
• Dr. Burns performs SpaceOar and Fiducial Markers in the office with several anesthetic options
2008 – present
• Associate instructor at Midwestern Universities Urology program
Member of Will-Grundy County Medical Society
Chairman of Presence St. Josephs Medical Center ByLaws Committee
Chairman of Presence St. Josephs Medical Center Credentials Committee
Chairman of Presence St. Josephs Medical Center Charity Golf Classic
Recipient of Pandola-Lewis Award
President of Advanced Urology Associates
Dr. Thomas E. Burns In the News
Convenient Same-Day Vasectomy Consultation and Procedure Available
Convenient Same-Day Vasectomy Consultation and Procedure Available If you’re considering a vasectomy, or if you’ve already made the decision to go ahead with it, Advanced Urology Associates is now providing a way to squeeze two of the necessary steps into...