Gregory J. Andros, M.D.
Board Certified Urologist
Dr. Gregory Andros is a native of the Des Plaines area. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of South Florida, graduated Phi Kappa Phi, and was a member of the Golden Key Honor Society. He received his medical degree from Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine. Dr. Andros completed his general surgery internship at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, Illinois, and completed his training in urology at VA Hines/Loyola University, including a six-month rotation in pediatric urology at Children’s Memorial Hospital.
He is a member of a number of honorary medical societies and was the first-place winner in the Charles B. Huggins, M.D. resident essay contest in clinical research. He has written many articles for publication and abstracts. Dr. Andros was also a participant in the 1998 Urological Nursing Conference, with a scientific presentation of anatomy and physiology of the genitourinary system. Dr. Andros is certified by the American Board of Urology.
Dr. Andros’ Achievements in Advanced Urology Care
Dr. Andros has been a leading urologist in advanced urology care and treatment since 1998. Dr. Andros’ expertise and focus is on the latest technological advancements for minimally invasive surgeries and treatments for urological conditions including BPH, prostate cancer, overactive bladder (OAB) and vasectomy procedures.
Vasectomy Reversal Procedure
• Dr. Andros is the only urologist in Will County, Illinois who performs vasectomy reversals.
Overactive Bladder Treatment
• The first doctor to place the NEW Interstim device for overactive bladder treatment and urinary retention in Illinois in 2020.
• Treated his 500th Patient with the UroLift® System for BPH (Enlarged Prostate) in 2020
• Dr. Andros was the first doctor to place the minimally invasive UroLift system for BPH treatment in the midwest and Illinois in 2014.
Prostate Cancer Treatment
• The first urologist in Illinois to place SpaceOar for prostate cancer treatment
Site Principal Investigator in Prostate Cancer Research
Dr. Andros is involved in an active study that is breaking research in prostate cancer. The research is an Open-Label Trial of Sipuleucel-T Administered to Active Surveillance Patients for Newly Diagnosed Prostate Cancer (ProVent)
Resident director / Clinical Instructor
2008 – present
• Developed the urology residency program at Provena St. Josephs Hospital
• Associate instructor at Midwestern Universities urology program
Board member Will-Grundy County Medical Society
Chief of staff Presence St. Josephs Medical Center
Board member Presence St. Josephs Medical Center
President elect Presence St. Josephs Medical Center
Chairman of Physician Quality Committee
2009 – 2010
• Provena St. Josephs Hospital
President of Will-Grundy County Medical Society
President of Advanced Urology Associates
2008 – 2009
Chairman of the Department of Surgery
• Presence St. Josephs Hospital
Gregory J. Andros In the News
Ready to regain your confidence and reignite spontaneous moments with your partner? There are reliable, effective ED solutions available, and many are covered by insurance and prescription plans. Join Dr. Andros for an educational series sponsored by Coloplast Corp., designed to inform and empower on November 9, 2023 6:00 pm.
Join Dr. Gregory Andros at Silver Cross Hospital on Wednesday, June 21, 2023 from 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM for a free lecture to learn about the symptoms and treatment options for BPH (also known as enlarged prostate), including Greenlight Laser Therapy and TURP.