UroLift Center of Excellence for BPH Treatment
Enlarged prostate affects as many at 70 percent of men by the time they are in their 60s. Advanced Urology Associates offers a state of the art minimally invasive procedure called UroLift. It has long term positive effects and enables men to keep their sexual function.
What is UroLift Treatment for BPH?
The UroLift® System is designed to treat lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) due to benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It opens the urethra directly by retracting the obstructing prostatic lobes without cutting, heating or removing prostate tissue.
How Does the UroLift Procedure Work?
The UroLift Implant is deployed through a needle that comes ot of the delivery device to retract the obstructing lobes.
Each UroLift Delivery Device contains one UroLift Implant. Typically, 4-5 UroLift Implants are placed into the prostate.
UroLift patient benefits include:
- Minimally invasive
- Rapid symptom relief
- Minimal downtime
- Preserves sexual function
- Does not preclude other treatment options
UroLift Clinical Highlights
Clinical highlights of UroLift include:
- Endoscopic results can be immediately confirmed post-procedure.
- Patients may experience symptom relief as early as 2 weeks post-procedure.
- UroLift System treatment does not preclude the option for future UroLift, TURP, or laser procedures should one be indicated.
- There have been no reports of new onset of sexual dysfunction, retrograde ejaculation or permanent dysfunction.
Most common adverse events reported include hematuria, dysuria, micturition urgency, pelvic pain, and urge incontinence. Most symptoms were mild to moderate in severity and resolved within two to four weeks after the procedure.
1 Data on file at NeoTract, Inc.
2 Roehrborn, J Urology 2013 LIFT Study