Treatment Options for BPH
Men who have BPH with symptoms usually need some form of treatment at some time. The following section describes the types of treatment that are most commonly used for BPH.
Minimally Invasive Therapy: UROLIFT
GreenLight Laser Therapy
Holmium Laser Enucleation (HoLep)
- Ability to treat any size prostate gland with minimal bleeding
- A re-treatment rate of less than 2 percent
- Early, immediate relief of symptoms and fast return to normal activity. Patients usually go back to work within two to three days and can resume their physical exercise within two weeks.
- Next-day catheter removal in most of the cases with less than 24 hours hospital stay.
- Minimal pain, requiring only oral pain control
- Fewer potential complications. The holmium laser technology offers a low-depth of penetration of less than half of 1 mm, which causes less damage to the underlying healthy tissue and lowers the risk for excessive bleeding.
Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP)
Advanced Urology Associates has years of experience with BPH and can help you decide what treatment is best for you.
There are many options to choose from and we’re here to help find the right one. Request an appointment with us today at any one of our locations. Simply click the link below or call us at 815.409.4930.