Advanced Urology Associates Treatment Options for BPH
The Advanced Urology Associates BPH Center of Excellence has been helping patients with enlarged prostates reach their goals of managing or stopping symptoms and improving their quality of life. The BPH Center of Excellence is one of the first to be named as such in the country and shares this status with some of the world’s top urology centers.
Commonly Used BPH Treatments
Men who have BPH with symptoms usually need some form of treatment at some time. The following section describes the types of treatment that are most commonly used for BPH.
Minimally Invasive Therapy: UROLIFT
GreenLight Laser Therapy
Holmium Laser Enucleation (HoLep)
- Ability to treat any size prostate gland with minimal bleeding
- A re-treatment rate of less than 2 percent
- Early, immediate relief of symptoms and fast return to normal activity. Patients usually go back to work within two to three days and can resume their physical exercise within two weeks.
- Next-day catheter removal in most of the cases with less than 24 hours hospital stay.
- Minimal pain, requiring only oral pain control
- Fewer potential complications. The holmium laser technology offers a low-depth of penetration of less than half of 1 mm, which causes less damage to the underlying healthy tissue and lowers the risk for excessive bleeding.
Transurethral Resection of the Prostate (TURP)
Minimally Invasive Water Vapor Therapy: Rezum™
The Rezüm System is a transurethral thermal therapy that uses sterile water vapor (steam) to treat BPH by delivering targeted, controlled doses of thermal energy directly to the prostate gland, targeting and reducing the obstructive tissue that causes BPH
The Rezūm procedure provides the following benefits to men suffering from BPH:
- Alternative to BPH medications
- Studies support Rezūm relieves symptoms safely and effectively
- Noticeable symptom improvement within two weeks
- Simple in-office/out-patient therapy
- Does not require general anesthesia
- Preserves erectile and urinary functions
- Ability to return to regular activities within a few days
- Covered by Medicare and most private insurers
BPH Treatment Locations
Advanced Urology Associates provides BPH treatments for patients in Aurora, Bolingbrook, Bourbonnais, Chicago, Crest Hill, Elk Grove Village, Elmhurst, Frankfort, Homer Glen, Joliet, Kankakee, Lombard, Lockport, New Lenox, Mokena, Morris, Naperville, Orland Park, Park Ridge, Peotone, Plainfield, Tinley Park and Woodridge.
Advanced Urology Associates has years of experience with BPH and can help you decide what treatment is best for you.
There are many options to choose from and we’re here to help find the right one. Request an appointment with us today at any one of our locations. Simply click the link below or call us at 815.409.4930.